Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chloe's New Bedroom

Today I began Chloe's bedroom! It was really fun and I think it turned out great! Here is how i made it.
First I began with some old boxes from our move. The bottom one is for Chloe and the top is for Kiki, when she comes. This box is #1 of my 20 projects.
I used our old wrapping paper for the wallpaper. Because Chloe's favorite color is Pink, I decided on the pale pink paper.
Here is Chloe helping me put up the wallpaper. We used the pink for the walls, ceiling and floor.
We then flipped through all of my Teen Vogues, looking for the perfect pictures to hang on her walls.
We decided upon Katy Perry (which i didn't use in the end), a cool picture that was about 80s revival and a picture of Miss Dior. I love Miss Dior perfume. We used rose tissue paper as the frame.
When the walls were dry, I moved the bed in. The bed is actually the box that she arrived in, with a lap warmer my Grandma made me as the blanket. I then went and took four pillows from my younger sister's barbies.
I then hung up the paintings, laid some pretty drawings out on the bed and Chloe moved in. Its not completely finished and there will be more furniture. The Popsicle is something my mom just bought. There was one for each of us (my sisters and I).
After finishing the house, i started on item #2. Its a bookshelf for Chloe. Its actually just two tea boxes.
First I coated the inside of both boxes with white paper.
I then just stacked them together and glued them.
Then after a quick outfit change, for a photo shoot I did while waiting for the glue to dry, i used more white paper to do the rest of the box.
Here is the almost finished product. I used the same rose tissue paper that I used for the picture frames. Its not quite finished because i plan to give it short little sparkly pink legs. I will probably use beads. I just haven't found them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment